Hello Readers! Currently alpha version of Bootstrap 4 has been released on 19 August 2015 with some major changes. Moving from bootstrap 3 to bootstrap 4 , some components are changed and some are improved and only few have been dropped.
Some of the remarkable changes are :-
1. Bootstrap 4 follows Sass.
2.It has Newly added Improved grid system.
3. It supports Opt-in flexbox.
4. New component Card is introduced & thumbnails and panels are dropped.
5. Pixels uses rems and ems instead of px, where to make responsive typography and part measuring even easier .
6. Improved auto-placement of tooltips and popovers.
7. In bootstrap 4 many classes like new utility classes, Custom form controls, margin and padding classes have also been added.
Here, following is the list of some of the components :-
Bootstrap 4 causes lot of changes to most components, including tables, forms, grids, dropdowns, navbars, and more.
In Tables:- It supports Inverse Tables, Table Head Styles, also .table-prefix has been added for its contextual classes,Bootstrap 4 also added .responsive-table to the actual <table>element.
In Forms :- .form-horizontal class has been dropped to display horizontal forms, Forms require the .row class when using grids, Use .form-control-lg and .form-control-sm to increase or decrease the size of an input control, uses the .form-text class to display help text.
In Grids :- uses 5 tier drid system (xs, sm, md, lg, xl), Uses offset-*-* classes to offset columns. For example, offset-md-4.
In Dropdowns :-Dropdowns can be built with <ul> or <div> , Apply .dropdown header to <h1>-<h2>tags (as Bootstrap no longer uses <li> tags to build dropdowns).