In business management the business manager has many roles but one of the most challenging is ensuring their team stay motivated. A manager that can keep his team motivated will be rewarded by staff that are happier, loyal and more productive.
The following are 7 different ways that you can make your team more motivated:-
1) Regularly praise your employees when they have completed a good job. This can either be done in writing however, face to face is more effective. This will make your team feel more valued. There are a number of surveys that reveal that employees consider their boss giving them recognition about their work is more important than getting a raise or financial reward.
2) As a manager you should support your team and be a good leader. Meet with your team together and individually on a regular basis. Listen to their concerns and needs and act on them promptly.
3) It is important that staff feel reassured with the work they are undertaking. Therefore, it is important to provide them with feedback on how well they are progressing with their tasks and assignments.
4) Giving recognition to team members who have performed very well is a very effective motivator. Therefore, it is important that their work is recognized and rewarded. Alternatively staff that are not performing should be given the support and training to help them raise their standard.
5) Set out a clear strategic plan that will include the vision and goals of the organization. Be specific about how each member of the team fits into and contributes to the plan.
6) Empower your team members by involving them in the decisions that affect them.
7) Take your team for regular days out. This can be for team building or to celebrate a team achievement in reaching an important target or milestone.