This script has a yes/no option for installing Odoo 8.0, and the Aeroo reports Odoo modules. If you have a pre-existing Odoo installation you can choose no when you get to the prompt for installing Odoo 8, and choose yes when you get to the option for installing the Aeroo Reports (aeroo_reports) modules for Odoo 8.
For installing the Aeroo Reports (aeroo_reports) modules this script assumes you already have the following directory:
and it also assumes that your /etc/odoo-server.conf file includes the following directory in your addons_path line, for example:
After following the (above) steps in this guide you should have Aeroo Reports installed correctly on your server for Ubuntu 14.04 and Odoo 8.0.You'll just need to create a database and install the required Aeroo reports modules you need for that database.
[ ! ] Do not have aeroo_report_sample in your addons directory or you will get an error message when updating module list:
Warning! Unmet python dependencies! No module named cups
Install report_aeroo module in Odoo database:
31. Go to Settings>>Users>>Administrator in the backend of Odoo
32. Tick the box next to Technical Features and Save, then refresh your browser window.
33. Go to Settings>>Update Modules List>Update
34. Go to Settings>>Local Modules>>Search for: Aeroo
35. Install report_aeroo
36. You'll be confronted with an installation wizard, click: Continue >>Choose Simple Authentication from the Authentication dropdown list, and add username and password: anonymous
[ ! ] You can change the username and password in: /etc/aeroo-docs.conf if required.
37. Click Apply and Test. You should see the following message if it was successful:
Success! Connection to the DOCS service was successfully established and PDF convertion is working.
You now have a fully operational Aeroo Reports installation in Ubuntu 14.04. If for any reason this is not working for you please post back in the comments and explain the error message you are seeing.