Quality checks can be carried out when required. Quality checks can be initiated in different ways:
- by a defined event or on a fixed date
- by a direct request
Schedule Quality Checks
Triggers can also be created and edited for quality checks using data quality perspective using the Data Quality Scheduling tab.
- Time based trigger: initiated on particular date
- Import situation trigger: initiated on completed import
- Merge operation trigger: data quality checks are carried out before and after merge functionality.
Creating New Trigger
- Select a category in the Data quality scheduling view.
- Click on plus icon to add a trigger. Enter a descriptive name.
- Select the relevant data type from the selection field.
- Scheduling can be one-off on a particular date, or repeated at a specified interval.
- Set the data to be checked by selecting an appropriate query.
- Either specify a catalog for a particular query or choose a channel with rules already assigned.
- Confirm your entries with save or discard them with delete.
Direct Quality Check
- Open a perspective containing the objects to perform a quality check on.
- Select the data records to check.
- Select Execute data quality rules in the pop-up menu.
- Following are the options:
A. Use the filter to search for a specific rule and then activate/deactivate it.
B. Carry out the activation/deactivation directly in the relevant categories or rule groups
C. Selecting a channel or multiple channels
- Confirm entries with Execute or discard them with Cancel. The dialog box is closed.